We can help you by guiding and supporting you at this difficult time. With the death of a loved one, there are steps that may need to be undertaken with medical and legal professionals, which will allow you to commence making funeral arrangements.
What to do when someone dies:
- Notify a doctor. If the death has occurred at home you will need to contact your family doctor to certify the death and issue the appropriate certificates.
- Notify the next of kin and family members. Seek assistance and support from someone close.
- Notify the deceased's solicitor or executor of the will. The deceased may have left funeral instructions in their will.
- Phone Southern Highlands Funerals to advise our funeral directors of the death and to make any immediate arrangements necessary for the care of your loved one.
- You can then make a subsequent meeting appointment that suits you to commence discussing funeral arrangements over coming days.
- Take your time to investigate any expressed wishes of the deceased, discuss family wishes, special ideas and gather the information that will be required before we meet with you.
- It is important that you take as much time as you need to consider possible funeral arrangements and discuss options with family members, including music or their wish to be involved in the service.
- We can attend to you at home or speak with you on the phone at any time to answer your questions and simplify what needs to be done.